SBV sanitārais lodvārsts
Sanitary ball valves feature a full-bore design that enables full fluid flow with minimal pressure drop, making them ideal for handling viscous liquids or liquids containing particles in the food, beverage, chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Reliable full-flow performance
Alfa Laval sanitary ball valves (SBVs) are full-bore flow valves that provide on/off control with minimal pressure drop. The valve opening has a constant pipeline diameter, which enables fluids to flow freely through the valves when open. Flow restriction is comparable to that of a straight tube. This makes the SBVs suitable for:
- Handling fluids that are viscous or contain solid, semi-solid or abrasive particles
- Use wherever pigging of process lines is a major consideration
- Applications that require gentle product treatment
- CIP applications
Automated or manual control
For versatility, Alfa Laval SBVs can be supplied for manual or automatic operation.
Manual operation: SBVs feature stainless steel quarter-turn handles to mechanically lock the valves in either open or closed position.
Automatic operation: SBVs use standard maintenance-free pneumatic actuators. Actuated ball valves are delivered as normally closed (NC) valves that are controlled from a remote location by means of compressed air. These, however, can easily be rebuilt to a normally open (NO) configuration. Actuators can be fitted with Alfa Laval ThinkTop valve sensing and control units. Optional inductive proximity sensor and mounting bracket are available.
Compact, simple ball valve design
Easy to build into most any process line, Alfa Laval SBVs feature a straightforward floating ball design, which guarantees a tight seal and permits axial movement while preventing rotation. They are water hammer-safe and completely insensitive to pressure shocks in the pipelines.
Spring-loaded, self-adjusting seal rings provide highly reliable valve stem sealing. SBVs with automated control have inspection holes in the bonnet for easy inspection of the stem seal.
Easy-to-maintain ball valves
The three-piece valve design with few moving parts enables easy access to all valve components, making maintenance quick and easy. Durable PTFE valve seats help prolong service intervals. No special tools required for maintenance.
Sanitary ball valve range
The Alfa Laval sanitary ball valve range consists of two standard valve models.
- SBV with either manual handle or automated operation for applications that involve high operating pressures up to 16 bar and temperatures up to 150°C, and where the use of pigging systems is required.
- Tri-Clover® ball valves for applications that require full flow with minimal flow turbulence and pressure drop. An optional encapsulated seat is available for applications where reducing the risk of potential product entrapment is important.
For more information, please refer to Documentation.
- Reliable full-flow performance
- Compact, simple ball valve design
- Water hammer-safe
Latest 'Close at hand' online version
The Alfa Laval SBV sanitary ball valve consists of a valve body, two flanges, PTFE valve seats, ball, stem unit and either a handle for manual operation, or a bonnet and pneumatic actuator for automated operation. For quick and easy inspection and maintenance, the valve easily assembles and disassembles with welded-end flange screws.
A precision-made ball with a bore, or opening, is positioned inside the valve body between two flanges and two PTFE valve seats.
- Quarter-turn handle for manual operation or pneumatic actuator for automated operation
- Bracket for mounting inductive proximity switches
- ThinkTop® valve sensing and control unit
- Fittings in accordance with required standard (ISO or DIN)
- PTFE encapsulated valve seats
- Valve seat cleaning connections
- O-rings in NBR, Q (Silicone), FPM (Viton)